Our Interns will start working with us in June 2020 - if you are graduating in 2021 or already engaged in a master program, then apply today!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE offers university students the opportunity to join a leading IT company and gain invaluable experience through our Internship Program. HPE offers you a highly dynamic, fast-paced, professional working environment and the chance to develop the skills you have gained at university in a real business environment. During your internship you will not only apply these skills in the IT industry, but also acquire a wide range of abilities to contribute to the business, while working alongside industry professionals.
Our internship program will consist of on-boarding training, one-to-one coaching with buddy assignments and interaction with colleagues and interns in different countries across the region. Interns will have the chance to be involved in certain critical daily operations, as well as to take part in long term projects. We are looking for interns with software development exposure to join us on various development projects and assist with activities like: writing code, solution design, technical presentations, event participation, training etc. Software development is performed using the SCRUM (Agile) methodology or Waterfall - depending of the project and customer.
As a Java Dev trainee you will:
- Build and enhance your knowledge in software development methodologies, principles and practices
- Learn about all facets of software development lifecycle in a dynamic environment
- Perform development activities within the team, including but not limited to: develop new features, identify, fix and document bugs, participate in peer code reviews, contribute to team knowledge base (wiki), analyse and design software and configuration changes, ensure quality, security, compliance standards are met
- Gain exposure and grow expertise on a wide palette of cutting edge technologies, while being involved in delivering business critical projects
- Work closely with our QA, DevOps, Software Development engineers and architects
- High achievers who are enrolled in university and pursuing a Bachelor or Master Degree, final year in IT fields preferred
- Strong interest in building a career in the IT industry
- Analytical thinking, passionate about technology and motivated to learn and grow
- Basic understanding of OOP principles and MVC design patterns
- Basic SQL / NoSQL DBs knowledge
- Basic Linux knowledge / familiarity with Linux environments, networking
- Some exposure to full-stack Java software development, Java frameworks and application servers, Web Services (SOAP/REST API), responsive JS (Angular/Node/React.js), version control (preferably Git), Maven/Gradle, Ansible, SonarQube, Kubernetes/Docker/VirtualBox/Vagrant, Nexus, JIRA and/or other modern technologies and tools is nice to have
- Good knowledge in parsing and manipulating JSON/XML
Why internship @ HPE?
- Great company culture and colleagues
- Competitive remuneration & benefits package
- Access to various trainings and unlimited options for development
- Opportunity to learn from the best in the field
- Prospect of a full-time position after internship
- 30 hours per week with flexible schedule in order to match your program