WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO
- Work on high performance and adaptive Python cloud applications that might need to interface with other applications and/or REST APIs;
Improve your coding skills in Python, and broaden your horizon with new technologies:
AWS storage (S3, RDS, Athena)
Docker images running on a Kubernetes cluster
Gitlab Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
Flask, sqlalchemy, marshmallow & many other useful Python libraries
Write clean, well engineered, maintainable code, that conforms with accepted standards;
- Maintain the resilience of the codebase through unit and functional testing;
- Work with a talented team of engineers & architects to help develop cutting edge cloud solutions, and discover industry best practices;
- Discover continuous learning opportunities in your everyday activity.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for assertive, energetic and creative people to join our team. Passion is the difference between having a job and having a career. Choose your path!
To complete the ideal candidate profile, you need to have:
- Either intermediate knowledge of Python OR basic knowledge of Python, but intermediate knowledge of another high-level programming language, such as Scala, Ruby, or Java;
- Basic knowledge of relational databases;
- Good knowledge of OOP principles;
- Good understanding of web concepts
- HTTP, client-server model, authorization / authentication, RESTful APIs etc;
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
Any cloud service from AWS, GCP, Azure;
Frequently used Python packages such as pandas, numpy, sqlalchemy, flask, etc
Parallel and distributed computing;
Git version control;
Docker and Kubernetes;
Commonly used Linux concepts and commands;
Working in an Agile environment;
Willingness to learn new skills, adapt to new technologies, and perseverance in the face of the unknown;
- Good English skills (written and spoken).
WHAT WE OFFER
We provide meaningful and engaging work & support the free exchange of ideas. From the first day on the job, you will be encouraged to expand your knowledge. This includes getting familiar with our working environment, with a focus on assimilating as much know-how as possible. Within the dedicated 3 months, you will take part in an internal project, which you will code from scratch, with the support of a dedicated mentor.
The project will be part of a complex ecosystem, where communication must be ensured via APIs. It will be a sandbox inspired by a real-world scenario, designed to familiarize you with some of the core technologies and processes we use here at Sparktech, and will act as a hands-on tutorial for real-world projects.
- You will be working on a project designed to be very similar to our usual work.
- You’ll have the opportunity to consult with your dedicated mentor upon matters you can’t fully research on your own.
- It’s the proper environment to discover continuous learning opportunities in your everyday activity.
- You’ll have the chance to add your own voice, your particular mix of flavors to our innovative team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to connect with passionate people in our open and friendly environment.
- If you give your best and reach great results, we offer the possibility to continue working with us.
We aim to make you feel like you belong in our team. To this end, we intend to work out a hybrid working plan (meaning partly from home, and partly from the office). The schedule is flexible, and we are interested in finding the solution that works best for both parties.