We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But…
The challenge ahead
We are looking for a highly motivated student that is eager to learn more about the analytics world and help the Bucharest Analytics team while at it. If you are a curious person with a passion for games, problem solving, data munging, numbers, data visualizations and statistical analysis, this might be the dream job for you. You will be helping with improving our players’ experiences through data-driven insights that would enable our business partners to make informed decisions or help us track process improvements across the organization.
What will you do?
- Learn more about our games and how we work together to bring those experience in front of our players, and more importantly you will learn what is the role of analytics in that process.
- Learn more about our tech stack and how we do our day to day job as analysts in a gaming company
- You will be responsible for assembling data from multiple sources, clean it and prepare it for operational and exploratory analysis.
- Create reports, dashboards and answer ad-hoc questions that would help our business partners to assess the health of our games or that will help us track process improvements across the organization.
- Perform quality assurance on generated results to ensure accuracy and consistency
- You will need to transform complex information into a comprehensible and enlightening form tailored for the intended audience
- Work closely with other EA Analytics teams to build, maintain and improve current models, as well as existing methodologies, systems and processes
What we’re looking for:
Background and technical skills:
- SQL skills, experience querying large, complex data sets preferred
- ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Pursuing degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science and/or Engineering Sciences preferred
- Exposure to data mining, statistical modeling and data visualization (Knowledge of tools like R, Tableau, Power BI, Kabana, SAS etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong English proficiency (both written and verbal)
Soft skills required:
- A desire for continuous growth and an active investment in own learning
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable, maintaining a positive attitude and seeing challenges as opportunities
- Great attention to details but also able to see the big picture and develop compelling communication to business partners
- Ability to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple projects
We thought that you may want to know about:
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Working schedule: July – September – Full time working schedule