CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has…
DATA SCIENCE INTERNSHIP
CrowdStrike is looking to fill a Summer 2019 Internship with our Data Science team working at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security. You will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical and scientific research skills to the bleeding edge of security technology.
You will be able to leverage large-scale rich data to meaningfully improve our supervised learning models and refine our identification of malicious computer software and behavioral threats. CrowdStrike’s cybersecurity data is one-of-a-kind: we process over 200 billion behavioral events per day and have over 800 terabytes of malware samples in our research repository. We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you ‘ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with a team of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems. We are a late-stage startup backed by Capital G (Google Capital) where you will gain valuable experience in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Industry leading compensation
- The opportunity to leverage the AWS cloud stack for extracting features and deploying state-of-the art ML malware classifiers that learn from extremely large amounts of sample files.
- The opportunity to further develop your Machine Learning expertise and coding skills – we use Python, Scala (Apache Spark) and related deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch); we use Git versioning control, Continuous Integration and Docker to deploy our models in the cloud.
- Up to 3 months of internship, at the end of which the right candidate will be offered the option of a full-time permanent position with us
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Work directly with Sr. Data Scientists, helping to create predictive machine learning models that help detect and stop today’s most sophisticated threats
- Hone your ability to balance detail-oriented research with goal-oriented business objectives
- Implement and experiment with new algorithms and methodologies to help improve our machine learning models
- Automate and visualize analyses, results, and processes in our machine learning pipeline
- Analytically minded with completed coursework in linear algebra and statistics or equivalent knowledge of applied mathematics
- Hands on in your approach to understanding data and learning about new fields
- Thirsty for knowledge and do not hesitate to step outside of your comfort zone to learn new technologies, algorithms, and concepts
- Comfortable with working in a Linux environment
Bonus pointsfor coursework or previous experience in scientific computing, machine learning or computer security.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization are essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.