Job Description Our Interns will start working with us in June 2019 – if you are graduating in 2020 OR are studying towards your Masters/already engaged in a master program, then apply…
Our Interns will start working with us in June 2019 – if you are graduating in 2020 OR are studying towards your Masters/already engaged in a master program, then apply today!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers university students the opportunity to join a leading IT company and gain invaluable experience through our Internship Program. Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers you a highly dynamic, fast-paced, professional working environment and the chance to develop the skills you have gained at university in a real business environment. During your internship you will not only apply these skills in the IT industry, but also acquire a range of abilities to contribute to the business whilst working alongside industry professionals.
Our internship program will consist of on boarding trainings, one-to-one coaching with buddy assignments and interaction with colleagues and interns in different countries across the region. Interns will have the chance to be involved in certain critical daily operations, as well as to take part in long term projects.
We are looking for interns who want to learn more about automation, in the increasingly important role which it plays in the IT landscape today. Those selected will join us on various projects and assist in areas such as: getting their hands dirty writing code :), creating new solutions, taking part in technical presentations and trainings, and much more. Depending on the project, you will also come into contact with SCRUM (Agile) management methodologies or Waterfall.
As a DevOps Trainee you will:
- Learn what DevOps is and work with some of the most common tools: Jira, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Rundeck, Nexus, SonarQube, etc
- Learn what CI/CD pipelines are and how things are done in practice
- Learn how to automate tasks and develop/improve scripts to be used for automation/monitoring/troubleshooting (in your preferred programming language: Python, Groovy, Perl, shell, you name it 🙂
- Learn how to troubleshoot and solve problems when they arise
- Be part of a team of talented engineers which will mentor and offer you support and guidance
- High achievers who are enrolled in university and perusing a Bachelor or Master Degree, IT fields preferred but not mandatory. Final year preferred.
- Basic Linux knowledge.
- Basic scripting knowledge
- Basic understanding of database technologies
- Basic networking knowledge
- Be open-minded and solution-oriented in your work
- Strong communication verbal and written communication skills
- Last but not least, a strong desire to learn and improve yourself
Why internship @ HPE?
- Great company culture and colleagues
- Competitive remuneration & benefits package
- Access to various trainings and unlimited options for development
- Opportunity to learn from the best in the field
- Prospect of a full-time position after internship
What you should know about
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is one of the world’s largest technology companies. An American multinational and Fortune 500 company Hewlett Packard Enterprise has industry-leading positions in servers, storage, wired and wireless networking, converged systems, software, services and cloud. Hewlett Packard has been in the innovation business for more than 75 years.