Arista Networks is looking for great Graduate Engineers interested in product development in C/C++ and Go to join the team in Dublin advancing the Software Defined Networking (SDN) revolution.
What will I be doing?
- Writing Linux user space and kernel code to allow 32-bit drivers to DMA 64-bit virtual memory spaces using both Intel and AMD IOMMU controller.
- Accessing ASIC registers over SPI bus, SMbus, PCIe and I2C, to implement high resolution timers (sub-100ns accuracy) and read ASIC hardware specifications to gather near-real-time information on large numbers of packet flows and to generate network congestion statistics.
- Development of configuration management services using Go and Python to support YANG, OpenConfig, NETCONF and RESTCONF over gRPC, ssh and ssl for standardised switch configuration, combined with tools such as git, gerrit, Jenkins, Slack and Trello.
- Development of routing protocol agents (for BGP, OSPF, ISIS) in C/C++ within a Fedora Linux embedded environment. Coding of fault-tolerant, concurrent agents capable of handling the demands of future data centres where high performance and high availability are basic requirements. Fully automated, developer owned, Python based, continuous test harness with 100s of devices under test at any one moment.
- BSc Engineering/Science (min 2.1 preferred).
- Knowledge of any of the following languages: C/C++, Python, Java, Go, embedded systems, network engineering.
- Keen interest in programming and new technologies.
One of the many attractions of joining Arista is that from the top Arista is an engineering company. The founders and engineering managers are all engineers who understand good software engineering and the importance of doing things right.
Arista hires directly into the broader team, regardless of geography. The languages we program in are primarily C, C++, python and Go, but if you aren’t an expert in any of these don’t let that stop you from speaking with us.
Our engineers have full ownership of their projects. Our management structure is flat and lightweight. Software engineering is run by software engineers who are in charge of delivering features from concept through to completion. We put a premium on building and using test automation tools.
No part of the company is off-limits, meaning that our engineers have the chance to work on a variety of different areas. If you have opinions on emacs vs vi, delve vs gdb, keyboard vs mouse, then you will find many like-minded developers at Arista.
Arista is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and has development offices in the US, Canada, India and Ireland. Arista treats all R&D centres on par with each other.
- Arista is a software company with a unique culture building data centre switches done right.
- Arista is hiring software developers to build products that will drive the networks of the future.
- Arista is looking for developers who primarily enjoy writing code, solving problems and who appreciate a culture of invention, quality, respect and fun.