Laboratorul de cercetare Artificial Intelligence and Multi Agent Systems (AI-MAS) al Facultatii de Automatica si Calculatoare din Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti. Activititatea de cercetare este desfasurata in proiecte nationale si internationale ce tin…
This internship is a R&D collaboration between Infosys Consulting and the Artificial Intelligence and Multi-Agent Systems (AI-MAS) laboratory.
Infosys is a global leader in next generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 45 countries to navigate their digital transformation. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise and ideas from our innovation ecosystem. While we are at it, some things remain unchanged- the unwavering ethics, transparency and respect behind everything we do. We will always be a company powered by intellect and driven by values. So, if your passion is to build solutions that really make a difference to global enterprises, the community and your world, Infosys is the right place for you.
The AI-MAS lab is an environment focused on hot topics of research and development. Ambient Intelligence, Applied Machine Learning, Assistive Humanoid Robotics, Reinforcement Learning … the members of our lab have got it all covered!
One of our most recent research directions includes R&D work into social assistive robotics, as well as multi-robot coordination.
The field of robotics is poised to revolutionize the industrial world with widespread adoption across logistics, warehouse and manufacturing settings (think of the warehouse robots used by Amazon).
To realize the potential of this powerful technology, we believe in first starting small, with a well defined, achievable and, at the same time, interesting objective.
Consequently, we have devised a challenging scenario where multiple Alphabot (powered by Raspberry PIs) and Lego Mindstorm robots can move about in a grid, defined by black lines. Obstacles can be placed on the grid. Some of the robots have the capability to remove these obstacles. The objective is to plan the trajectory of the robots from one position on the grid, to another, such that they avoid bumping into each other. If a robot encounters an obstacle and no alternative route is computable, it has to call on the help from one of the robots that can remove obstacles to clear the way.
Your task is to implement the navigation planning and coordination behavior of the robots. If you love to take up a challenge that involves robotics, distributed programming, computer vision and planning techniques, then this is the job for you!
What we’re looking for:
- Candidates currently pursuing a BA or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Good knowledge of coding in a programming language such as C++, C# or Python
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms, interested in distributed programming
- Experience working with robotics platforms (e.g. ROS) or computer vision tools (e.g. OpenCV) is a plus
- Demonstrated extra-curricular activities & projects are a plus
- Be driven, passionate about technology and have a proactive approach to problem solving
What you’ll learn:
- Gain knowledge on domains such as Robotics, Distributed Programming, Multi-Agent Systems (MAS)
- Acquire experience in applying Computer Vision, MAS programming and trajectory planning techniques to a concrete problem
- Contribute to a complex, existing project, gaining skills in versioning and project management
- Good compensation package
- Opportunity to continue with a bachelor degree with joint coordination (Infosys + UPB) or with part-time employment
- Opportunity to be involved in further national or international research projects in which the AI-MAS lab is involved
- Support towards writing an academic paper based on obtained results