Laboratorul de cercetare Artificial Intelligence and Multi Agent Systems (AI-MAS) al Facultatii de Automatica si Calculatoare din Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti. Activititatea de cercetare este desfasurata in proiecte nationale si internationale ce tin…
This internship is a R&D collaboration between Infosys Consulting and the Artificial Intelligence and Multi-Agent Systems (AI-MAS) laboratory.
Infosys is a global leader in next generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 45 countries to navigate their digital transformation. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise and ideas from our innovation ecosystem. While we are at it, some things remain unchanged- the unwavering ethics, transparency and respect behind everything we do. We will always be a company powered by intellect and driven by values. So, if your passion is to build solutions that really make a difference to global enterprises, the community and your world, Infosys is the right place for you.
The AI-MAS lab is an environment focused on hot topics of research and development. Ambient Intelligence, Applied Machine Learning, Assistive Humanoid Robotics, Reinforcement Learning … the members of our lab have got it all covered!
Some of our research efforts focus on applying Computer Vision and ML techniques to detecting people and monitoring their actions.
Analytics of people movement in retail stores and warehouses can provide valuable insights to enhance employee productivity and customer experience. Hence different aspects such as the hotspots of people moving in a store or a storage facility at a given time, the typical trajectories throughout time, the gender distribution of people visiting a store, etc are being explored in different settings.
To realize the potential of this technology area, we believe in first starting small, with a well defined, achievable and, at the same time, interesting objective.
In the Bucharest office of Infosys, RGB cameras have been installed in an open-space work environment. The objective is to implement a system using Computer Vision and Machine Learning techniques to determine statistics about frequent person whereabouts, frequent trajectories in the workspace and their distribution throughout time. Physiological traits such as gender and age group should be detected.
For privacy reasons, the system will not rely on face recognition, but must use other means to detect and re-detect (in order to compute probable trajectories) the same person in several places.
What we’re looking for:
- Candidates currently pursuing a BA or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Solid knowledge of coding in a programming language such as C++ or Python
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with computer vision tools (e.g. OpenCV), scientific computing frameworks (e.g. numpy, scikit-learn, pandas) or ML frameworks (e.g. Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch) is a plus
- Demonstrated extra-curricular activities & projects are a plus
- Be driven, passionate about technology and have a proactive approach to problem solving
What you’ll learn:
- Gain knowledge on domains such as Computer Vision, Applied Machine Learning, Statistics. Gain practice in using popular CV and ML programming frameworks.
- Acquire experience in applying Computer Vision and ML programming to a concrete problem. Acquire experience in building a curated dataset for training of ML algorithms.
- Contribute to a complex, existing project, gaining skills in versioning and project management
- Good compensation package
- Opportunity to continue with a bachelor degree with joint coordination (Infosys + UPB) or with part-time employment
- Opportunity to be involved in further research projects in which the AI-MAS lab is involved
- Support towards writing academic articles