At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, our strategy is simple: we make Hybrid IT simple, we power the Intelligent Edge and we have the Services Expertise to make it happen. These internships will be…
Our Interns will start working with us in June 2019 – if you are graduating in 2020 or already engaged in a master program, then apply today!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE offers university students the opportunity to join a leading IT company and gain invaluable experience through our Internship Program. HPE offers you a highly dynamic, fast-paced, professional working environment and the chance to develop the skills you have gained at university in a real business environment. During your internship you will not only apply these skills in the IT industry, but also acquire a wide range of abilities to contribute to the business, while working alongside industry professionals.
Our internship program will consist of on-boarding training, one-to-one coaching with buddy assignments and interaction with colleagues and interns in different countries across the region. Interns will have the chance to be involved in certain critical daily operations, as well as to take part in long term projects.
We are looking for interns with software development exposure to join us on various development projects and assist with activities like: writing code, solution design, technical presentations, event participation, training etc. Software development is performed using the SCRUM (Agile) methodology or Waterfall – depending of the project and customer.
As a Software Dev trainee you will:
- Build and enhance your knowledge in software development methodologies, principles and practices
- Learn about all facets of software development life-cycle in a dynamic environment
- Perform development activities within the team, including but not limited to: develop new features, identify, fix and document bugs, participate in peer code reviews, contribute to team development knowledge base (wiki), write Unit tests, analyse and design software changes
- Gain exposure and grow expertise on a wide palette of cutting edge technologies, while being involved in delivering business critical projects
- Assist with data acquisition and exploration
- Assist with research & development; hypothesis testing using statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Perform model analysis
- High achievers who are enrolled in university and perusing a Bachelor or Master Degree, final year in IT fields preferred
- Strong interest in building a career in the IT industry
- Familiar with: Python, R, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, Hive, Matlab OR C/C++ OR Java frameworks and application servers, Web Services, responsive JS (Angular/Node/React.js), version control (preferably Git) and/or other modern technologies and tools is nice to have
- Basic understanding of OOP principles and MVC design patterns
- Basic SQL / NoSQL DBs knowledge
- Basic Linux knowledge / familiarity with Linux environments, networking
- Analytical thinking, passionate about technology and motivated to learn and grow
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written
- Very good communication skills
Why internship @ HPE?
- Great company culture and colleagues
- Competitive remuneration & benefits package
- Access to various trainings and unlimited options for development
- Opportunity to learn from the best in the field
- Prospect of a full-time position after internship
What you should know about HPE?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is one of the world’s largest technology companies. An American multinational and Fortune 500 company Hewlett Packard Enterprise has industry-leading positions in servers, storage, wired and wireless networking, converged systems, software, services and cloud.