Laboratorul de cercetare Artificial Intelligence and Multi Agent Systems (AI-MAS) al Facultatii de Automatica si Calculatoare din Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti. Activititatea de cercetare este desfasurata in proiecte nationale si internationale ce tin…
The Artificial Intelligence and Multi-Agent Systems (AI-MAS) Laboratory at UPB is an environment focused on hot topics of research and development.
Ambient Intelligence, Applied Machine Learning, Assistive Humanoid Robotics, Reinforcement Learning … the members of our lab have got it all covered!
Our most recent research directions include: activity recognition from domotics sensor activations, action recognition from RGB and depth information, robot maze navigation from RGB information alone, robotic assistance of senior citizens and robotic assistance of groups of people (e.g. exhibition booth assistance, lab guide).
In our work in Ambient Intelligence one of the most important research directions is the creation of scalable, long-lived information management infrastructures to facilitate search/discovery and querying of context information retrieved from physical or virtual sensors deployed in smart environments (e.g. smart homes/offices, smart cities).
We aim to exploit the newest technologies that underpin the Web (e.g. RESTful web-services, W3C standards for sensor descriptions, FI-WARE specifications for context management), as well as the organizational principles from the Multi-Agent Systems literature to obtain a middleware that supports the development of context-aware applications (e.g. assistance similar to and surpassing what Google Home and Amazon Alexa enable for smart home actuation).
Our current focus is on implementing the search/discovery and query components of the middleware and on their use for management of sensor and actuator information (e.g. RGB cameras, motion sensors, light sensors, door opening detection sensors) from two laboratories in the PRECIS building.
If you love to take up a challenge that involves creative and large scale engineering of information systems, working with Web technologies and component-based development, then this is the job for you!
What we’re looking for:
- Candidates currently pursuing a BA or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Good knowledge of coding in a programming language such as Java or Python (Java is preferred)
- Solid knowledge of data structures and design patterns, interested in software architecture design
- Experience working with semantic web tools and techniques (e.g. RDF, Ontologies), or web service development is a plus
- Demonstrated extra-curricular activities & projects are a plus
- Be driven and have a proactive approach to problem solving
What you’ll learn:
- Gain knowledge on domains such as Ambient Intelligence, Context Management, Multi-Agent Systems
- Acquire experience in developing RESTful web-services and working with semantic-web technologies applied to real sensors
- Acquire experience in retrieving data from domotics sensors and modeling of actuator capabilities
- Contribute to a complex, existing open-source project, gaining skills in git, versioning, and project management
- Good compensation package
- Flexible work schedule
- Office located in PRECIS building of UPB
- Opportunity to be involved in further national or international research projects in which the AI-MAS lab is involved
- Support towards writing an academic paper based on obtained results