Security Intern, Build and Release
Capture. Create. Share. This is your life. Be a HERO
GoPro is looking for a talented and self-directed problem solving Release and Build Intern to assist with the securing of Award winning software. Under direction of the Build and Release team and with additional guidance provided by the application developers, you will update the software infrastructure helping to protect GoPro’s intellectual property and our customer’s data.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with the identification and prioritization of security risks.
- Create remediations of identified risks and seek approval for their application.
- Monitor the correctness of remediations as the pipeline revalidates the modified and updated code.
- Participate in team meetings and periodically report on progress of modifications to GoPro’s source code.
- Insofar as possible, automate the mundane tasks and create documentation explaining the automation as well as the continued operation of the automation software.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork at GoPro.
Skills We’re Stoked About:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with some programming or scripting language such as Ruby, Python, Golang, Shell Scripting, Java, ObjectiveC or C++
- Basic familiarity with commandline *nix system administration commands.
- Basic familiarity with a source control system like GitHub, Subversion, SourceSafe, or some equivalent
- Basic familiarity with software development practices. Coding and “building” or “packaging”.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities, with proven experience designing and implementing solutions to complex problems
Plus for any of the following
- Significant experience with a given programming or scripting language. The more lines of code the better.
- Use of git on a school or personal project
- Experience with using REST (or alternative HTTP-based) APIs.
- Live it Eat it Love it – Explore your passions and capture with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro;
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks galore.
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.