We’re a company of pioneers. It’s our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable.…
We are looking for interns for the Compute Capsule team, the creators of Firecracker, an open source virtualization technology that is purpose-built for creating and managing secure, multi-tenant container and function-based services that provide serverless operational models. Firecracker is already the basis of AWS Lambda and AWS Fargate, and we are working with the open source container community to allow Kubernetes pods to be isolated within Firecracker microVMs. The Compute Capsule team has an ambitious roadmap of continued innovation in the quickly expanding container and serverless function space, all of it built out of the Amazon Development Center, Bucharest – come help us make history!
At the Amazon Development Center in Bucharest, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we work on global-scale compute platforms, with special focus on serverless and container virtualization technologies, trusted compute, and server fleet tooling for AWS EC2. As a part of the EC2 Kernel and Operating System organization, we invent, own, and drive the building blocks that are the foundation of the cloud.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, mentor and colleagues around you.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our Software Development Engineer internship program for 3-6 months. Internships are flexible in length to fit in with your university’s program.
- You have already turned 16 years old.
- Studying computer science or a related discipline.
- Interest in the areas of low-level software engineering or systems programming.
- Familiar with the Linux development environment and tools.
- Familiar with one programming or scripting language suited for system-level software development, for example: C, C++, Rust.
- One semester of hands-on experience focused in the areas of low-level software engineering or systems programming, for example with Linux, C, C++, Rust.
- A good understanding of Linux networking and OS internals.
- Passionate about working in the open source community.
- Knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms.
Agenda and Internal Selection Procedure
You can submit your application either via “stagii pe bune” platform or directly to amanzon.jobs website starting with February 20th 2019. We do not have an application deadline but we encourage you to apply early.The assessment process consists of an online technical test, a phone interview and onsite or video interview. This process is subject to changes; we will provide information in advance for each candidate.The recommended start for the internship program is July 8th for the duration of 3 months; however, we are flexible on the start date and duration within the legal limits. The deadline for signing the internship contract is one day before the internship start date.
Key Terms of the Internship Contract
- The Internship Program takes place during summer for a duration of 3 months and consists of 40 hours per week of activity. The duration can be longer, within the legal limits.
- For your activity performed during the Internship Program, you will receive a gross monthly internship indemnity of RON 5000.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Engineers at our Development Center Romania work with development teams worldwide to deal with some of the most complex scalability problems by building distributed systems adapted to the unique magnitude of Amazon’s data sets and traffic.
Hub for culture and business due to its academic output, Iasi is fostering a cozier environment than other big cities but more generous than smaller communities. Find out what it actually means to live in Iasi, while working with Amazon.
There are many opportunities available within AWS as a result of the new Bucharest office, in particular for software engineers with a specific knowledge of operating systems and virtualization.