Jump Trading is a leading algorithmic trading firm built on cutting-edge technology, sophisticated quantitative research, and an entrepreneurial culture. Founded in 1999, Jump now has 700 employees across offices in Chicago, New…
Our software engineering internship is an intensive 10-week experience within our core development team that designs, codes, tests, and maintains our distributed trading system.
You will learn the fundamentals of a large-scale, high-performance infrastructure; sharpen your C++ programming skills; and see what it’s like to work as a full-time software engineer at Jump.
Throughout your internship you will take on projects targeted for production, which go through our full-cycle process for development, testing, and release using Agile methodologies.
You will be working side by side with our experienced software engineers and you’ll receive ongoing feedback and coaching from a dedicated mentor throughout the summer.
Our internship program is the primary way we identify top young software engineers for our core development team, and it’s a proven path for earning full-time opportunities at Jump.
- Experience with C++ programming on Linux
- Strong understanding of data structures and threading models
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment, deploying new software daily
- Passion for solving complex problems and learning to build optimal solutions from scratch, instead of simply assembling things from existing libraries
Interest in using knowledge from several areas — such as hardware, networking, OS design — to produce extremely high performance software
No finance or economics study or work experience required
Other helpful and related experience:
- Past internship or job experience in a software development role is a plus
- Advanced coursework in algorithms, network programming, operating systems, compilers