Adobe Audience Manager is helping our customers to understand more and more about the users that are using their digital properties (web sites or mobile applications). To achieve this we enable our customers to send data in our systems from any data source they can imagine: HTTP calls from the applications, exports of their data bases or buy data from data providers.
Challenge: You can imagine that we end up storing huge amount of data on our system – and this is true as we are now managing hundreds of terabytes of data on behalf of our customers. Processing this data is a challenge in itself as it’s a combination of the algorithms we design and the data we need to process.
We need to create a profiling application that will constantly scan our data base holding hundreds of terabytes of data and will expose valuable information about the patterns of the data we keep for our customers. The application will use AWS (Amazon Web Services) services like Elastic Map-Reduce and S3 and will publish its results in some dashboards (Grafana) for easy interpretation.
What you’ll do:
• Learn about the principles and best practices of Agile Software Development
• Develop real-life applications using BIG DATA technologies (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
• Learn how to use AWS (Amazon Web Services) services
• Demo/Showcase your work
What you need to succeed
- Analytical thinking and a desire to learn new things
- Knowledge of services oriented architectures and server side technologies (e.g. Java, SO/Unix)
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Web technologies
- Operating systems general knowledge (Linux)
Stagiu disponibil pentru studenții de la următoarele facultăți