At the Amazon Development Center, Bucharest, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we work on global-scale compute platforms, with special focus on serverless & container virtualization technologies, trusted compute, and server fleet tooling for AWS EC2. We invent, own, and operate core compute platforms for EC2, Amazon, and the cloud.
In the KaTS team we are responsible for building internal tools and services that enable our customers to get visibility into how their components operate in production, and to have the building blocks on top of which they design their products. Our services have a global-scale and operate on top of the Linux kernel and hypervisor solutions built in AWS EC2. You will have the opportunity to work with a combination of AWS services, EC2 internal services, and on-host EC2 components.
You will be part of a team involved in every aspect of the software development process – from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies – giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems that meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale. Come help us make history!
Your main goal here will be to work on your growth as an engineer. You will ramp up with the support of your dedicated mentor, and then you will work on a team deliverable that is both a good learning opportunity and has practical applicability.
- You have already turned 16 years old.
- Studying computer science or a related discipline.
- Interest in the areas of distributed systems and systems programming.
- Familiar with the Linux development environment and tools.
- Familiar with one programming or scripting language suited for system-level software development, for example C++, Java or Python.
- One semester of hands-on experience focused in the areas of distributed systems or systems programming, for example with Linux, C++, Python or Java.
- A good understanding of Linux networking and OS internals.
- Passionate about working in the open source community.
- Knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms.
For the full appendix, please search for '1062601' on amazon.jobs