ATC Engineering Team Cluj-Napoca
Bitdefender provides cybersecurity solutions with leading security efficacy, performance and ease of use. Joining the Bitdefender team means building and maintaining a secure future for our customers in a fast-evolving threat landscape.
The team and the project
This position is part of our Active Threat Control team, located in Cluj-Napoca.
Bitdefender Active Threat Control (ATC) is a proactive, dynamic detection technology, based on monitoring processes’ behavior, and tagging suspect activities. It serves as a last line of defense against unknown malware. The ATC solution is built using the latest system monitoring technologies available on Windows. Using both User and Kernel Mode components, ATC is able to reliably monitor the behavior of running applications. The behavior is evaluated using an extensible heuristic engine.
The project also has an exploit detection module, a detection component based on machine learning and an attack research division.
You will be part of a friendly team whose mission is to:
- tackle the challenges of real time detection to protect millions of users and to ensure customer satisfaction
- exercise their creativity with various research topics to improve the detection and our processes
- design and implement high quality software for current and future modules
For the summer of 2022 (July – September) we have 6 open internship positions in our team: 2 Security Researcher positions in the Detection Team, 2 QA/DevOps mixed roles and 2 Software Engineer positions in the Engineering Team.
Your mission will be to learn as much as possible, familiarize yourself with the working environment and the development processes, and use your skills to contribute to the efforts of the team.
- Extend and maintain functional testing frameworks for Windows applications and kernel mode drivers
- Create new tests and modify existing tests for Windows applications and kernel mode drivers
- Analyze performance impact introduced by a malware detection system to an end host
- Monitor test runs, investigate test related failures and report fails to the development team (including crash dump analysis for applications or for BSODs)
- Learn about and work with large scale enterprise networks and related technologies (Active Directory, Azure and Microsoft 365 integration, etc.)
- Learn about and work with application virtualization technologies (including technologies on host machine like APP-V and virtual desktop infrastructures)
- Learn about and work with insider and preview builds of Microsoft technologies (such as Windows and Microsoft Office)
Technical skills and expertise
- Experience with programming in Python, C or C++ (working with memory and pointers, simple data structures, working with files and processes)
- Basic debugging skills (using a debugger such as Visual Studio debugger, WinDbg or Python debugger)
- General knowledge about operating systems (system calls, users, access rights, etc.) and networking (the TCP/IP stack with simple corresponding protocols like FTP, HTTP(s), etc.)
Nice to have:
- Understanding of QA methodologies
- Experience with large projects written in C, C++ and Python
- Experience with IT administration (networking, end hosts, virtual machine infrastructure built on VMWARE or XEN)
If you take up our offer, you will:
- Be a member of a professional, motivated and enthusiastic team
- Work on a project with a very important role in the Bitdefender products
- Get a feel for how things are done in the cybersecurity
- Learn skills that will greatly benefit your career
- Enjoy a competitive salary, as well as industry medical and accident insurance
- Make the world better by helping Bitdefender customers stay protected against cyber threats