Secure what matters along with Bitdefender We are a young, rapidly expanding cybersecurity technology company. Known for our award-winning products and dynamic environment, we seek the best talent. We help our teammates reach their potential by fostering their development and professional success through ambitious challenges. We value initiative, diligence, innovation, commitment, enthusiasm and courage. Joining the Bitdefender team means building and maintaining a secure future for our customers in a fast evolving threat landscape.
The team and the project This position is part of our Active Threat Control team, located in Cluj-Napoca. Bitdefender Active Threat Control (ATC) is a proactive, dynamic detection technology, based on monitoring processes’ behavior, and tagging suspect activities. It serves as a last line of defense against unknown malware. The ATC solution is built using the latest system monitoring technologies available on Windows. Using both User and Kernel Mode components, ATC is able to reliably monitor the behavior of running applications. The behavior is evaluated using an extensible heuristic engine. The project also has an exploit detection module, a detection component based on machine learning and an attack research division.
You will be part of a friendly team whose mission is to
- tackle the challenges of real time detection to protect more than 10 million users and to ensure customer satisfaction
- exercise their creativity with various research topics to improve the detection and our processes
- design and implement high quality software for current and future modules
For the summer of 2021 (July – September) we have 6 open internship positions in our team: 2 Security Researcher positions in our Detection Team, 2 QA/DevOps mixed roles in our Engineering Team, 1 Software Engineer position in the Automation & Machine Learning Team and 1 Security Researcher position in the Exploit Detection Team.
Role Your mission will be to learn as much as possible, familiarize yourself with the working environment and the development processes, and use your skills to contribute to the efforts of the team.
- Developing internal websites and tools, which are used by colleagues to improve our detection model
- Developing microservices in python, using Docker, MongoDB, RabbitMq, Amazon S3, and others
- Developing unittests and end to end test in order to test the developed features
- Training and using AI models to classify, clusterize log files
- Automating recurrent task using Bamboo, python
- Analyzing telemetry and improving detection models
Technical skills and expertise
- Experience with programming, good C/C++ skills, knowledge of data structures and algorithms, understanding of OOP concepts and design patterns
- Basic debugging and troubleshooting skills
- General understanding of QA methodologies and test case development
- General knowledge of operating system internals and concepts
- Basic scripting skills
- Experience with ML and/or developing microservices is a plus
Desired competencies and profile
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiast
- Fast learner
If you take up our offer, you will:
- Be a member of a professional, motivated and enthusiastic team
- Work on a project with a very important role in the Bitdefender products
- Get a feel for how things are done in the cybersecurity industry
- Learn skills that will greatly benefit your career
- Enjoy a competitive salary, as well as medical subscription and life insurance