Summer Internship – Software Engineer
Secure what matters along with Bitdefender We are a young, rapidly expanding cybersecurity technology company. Known for our award-winning products and dynamic environment, we seek the best talent. We help our teammates reach their potential by fostering their development and professional success through ambitious challenges. We value initiative, diligence, innovation, commitment, enthusiasm and courage. Joining the Bitdefender team means building and maintaining a secure future for our customers in a fast-evolving threat landscape.
The team and the project This position is in our virtual team, researching and developing security solutions for cloud infrastructure. We are based in Cluj-Napoca, but we are working fully remote with our colleagues in other offices.
In the cloud era, infrastructure attacks and breaches require dedicated solution which actively monitor each asset, each action taken in the infrastructure and provide ways of identifying potentially malicious activity.
Our approach in tackling this problem is a highly scalable streaming analytics engine, based on open-source technologies. For the summer of 2021 (July – September) we have 2 open internship positions in our team.
Role Your first mission will be to learn how we use open-source technologies to build cloud security solutions. Then, you will take a step further and will work with us side by side in expanding our cloud data gathering capabilities, by harvesting new services and/or new cloud platforms.
- Research and understand cloud platforms and services (e.g.: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Work with cloud platform APIs to interact with the provided services
- Understand the types of data each service can provide (metrics, events, audit logs etc)
- Implement methods to gather the provided data and submit it the analytics engine
- Enrich the collected data (augment, aggregate, etc)
- Provide ways of standardizing similar types of data across different cloud providers
- Design, implement, and run test cases
- Work with other features provided by our solution to explore the data (e.g.: generate visual representations of the data)
Technical skills and expertise:
- Experience with programming, and knowledge of OOP concepts, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Good skills with Python
- Experience in working with data representation file formats such as YAML/JSON
- Basic debugging and troubleshooting skills
- General understanding of QA methodologies and test case development
- Basic knowledge of working with Rest APIs is a plus
- Experience with cloud providers is a plus
Desired competencies and profile:
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiast
- Fast learner
If you take up our offer, you will:
- Be a member of a professional, motivated and enthusiastic team
- Work on a project with a very important role in the Bitdefender products
- Get a feel for how things are done in the cybersecurity industry
- Learn skills that will greatly benefit your career
- Enjoy a competitive salary, as well as medical subscription and life insurance