At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioural-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honours and top rankings for our technology, organisation and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivalled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Internship
CrowdStrike is looking to fill a Summer 2021 Internship with our Machine Learning Team. You will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical and scientific research skills to the bleeding edge of security technology.
CrowdStrike’s cybersecurity data is one-of-a-kind: we process over 300 billion behavioural events per day, and have over 1 petabyte of malware samples in our research repository.
We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you’ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with a team of Big Data, Machine Learning and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems. You will gain valuable experience in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Competitive compensation
- After 3 months of internship, all suitable candidates will have the chance to secure a full-time position.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities. The opportunity to leverage the AWS cloud stack for extracting features and deploying state-of-the art ML malware classifiers that learn from extremely large amounts of sample files.
- Develop Machine Learning expertise and coding skills - we use Python, Scala (Apache Spark) and related Deep Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch); we use Git versioning control, Continuous Integration and Docker to deploy our models in the cloud.
- Assigned Mentor
- Virtual/Remote Internship with flexible working hours
- Global Intern Events, Socials, Swag & International Collaboration
- Work directly with Sr. Data Scientists, helping to create predictive machine learning models that help detect and stop today's most sophisticated threats
- Hone your ability to balance detail-oriented research with goal-oriented business objectives
- Implement and experiment with new algorithms and methodologies to help improve our machine learning models
- Automate an visualise analyses, results and processes in our machine learning pipeline
- 3rd or final year Computer Science student
- Analytical mindset with understanding of linear algebra and statistics OR an equivalent knowledge of applied mathematics
- Experience in writing Python code to pre-process and analyze data to generate actionable insights
- Hands on in your approach to understanding data and learning about new fields
- Passionate to develop your knowledge and learn new technologies, algorithms and concepts
- Experience with working in a Linux environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning libraries (libsvm, sklearn, etc) and/or frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Good understanding of basic Machine Learning Techniques (SVM, Logistic Regression etc) Security Enthusiast
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.