Tech Ops Engineer Internship (London)
Our technology operations internship is an intensive 10-week experience with our frontline technology teams that are responsible for managing, monitoring, and improving the real-time trading environment at Jump Trading.
You will be working directly with our experienced systems and network engineers, gaining broad technical and operational knowledge across all aspects of the trading platform and technology stack. Our internship program is the primary way we identify top young system engineers for our Technology Operations teams, paving the path toward earning full-time opportunities at Jump.
We are looking for bright and highly motivated individuals that want to grow their knowledge of systems and networking, understanding of modern trading at scale, and practical DevOps-based software engineering skills.
What you'll do:
The Tech Ops Intern will work with traders, operations, exchanges, and developers to optimize the trading environment and investigate and solve system issues.
- Build automation to manage and improve the production trading environment
- Proactively monitor the overall health and performance of the trading platform
- Work closely with our world-class technology organization to:
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex system, software, and networking infrastructure issues
- Design, implement and optimize network infrastructure for proprietary low latency trading applications at various data centers throughout the world
- Work closely with risk management and trading teams to coordinate changes and manage incidents
- Manage and assess operational risk of change control into the production environment
- Define and document process and procedure
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Skills you'll need: