The job will start at your own convenience.
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Development of analog modules for a wide range of microcontrollers (8-bit to 32-bit) and across multiple process technologies (TSMC.18 as well as in-house and custom foundry processes). The candidate will design (to name but a few) DACs, bandgap references, PLLs, ADCs, Sigma-Delta ADC’s, and voltage regulators. Low power CMOS design techniques are emphasized.
- Design low power analog modules for MCHP microcontrollers;
- Interact with Architecture division to help with module definition as required;
- Interact with Product and Test to address issues found during validation or production;
- Design and validate testrings (hands-on in the lab);
- Mandatory a Degree in Electronics, Microelectronics or Electrical Engineer required. MSEE preferred;
- Must have knowledge of low power analog design and a significant understanding of how custom analog integrated circuits are used in end customer applications;
- Must have experience in CMOS, VLSI IC, low power analog design, particularly in custom/semi-custom design;
- Must be capable of evaluating multiple topologies/architectures to fit function, and make practical trade-off decisions with the team;
- Should be able to control design and layout of complex analog circuitry;
- Must have ability to demonstrate all aspects of circuit needs in thorough design reviews;
- Must be able to understand the greater system, not just the component currently being designed – in order to address potential system level impacts early in design process;
- Must have a high capability to execute practical decisions leading to production worthy circuit designs;
- Must be able to function in a fast paced engineering environment that is simultaneously responsible for new analog circuit design and addressing bugs/weaknesses on existing circuits;
- Experience in design of hardware, software, and/or firmware for microcontroller based systems is a plus;
- Must be able to write concise technical documentation;
- Needs to be able to make presentations in front of an audience;
- Very good communication skills in writing and speaking English;