Ready to join the future of innovation at NXP?
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has 45,000 employees in more than 35 countries.
Do you want to learn the security and operating systems foundations of the next generation cars? During your internship, you will be part of the software team working on the products that will power the autonomous cars of tomorrow. You will learn about embedded software programming as part of our projects on security, device drivers and operating systems, interact with leading global experts for automotive technologies and get familiar with quality standards and models required in the automotive industry.
To ensure your successful performance in this internship, experience with one or more of the following topics is a plus: * Programming practice in C for embedded systems * Some experience with AWS, well architected platforms under AWS * Prior experience with any CI/CD tool * Understanding of scalable/parallel computing
By joining our team, beside an attractive salary package, you’ll have the opportunity to work as part of an innovative, high-performance team in a secure, pleasant and dynamic work environment. Both technical competency and attitude are important in our team, and you are expected to collaborate with local and global team members, to demonstrate independence in solving problems and agility in switching projects as per customer priorities, to be motivated by delivering results, to be assertive in supporting your technical design opinions, and to be open on the challenges towards achieving the expected results. Duration of the assignment: a minimum of 6 months. Please note that you will need to be a registered student throughout the course of the assignment.
- interacting with real embedded engineers
- learning about a modern processor architecture;
- writing embedded C code, perhaps a bit of assembly language;
- brushing up python skills for automating;
- understanding how to program in software a hardware device;
- getting skilled in using a debugger probe for studying bugs and profiling information for embedded target device;
- learning why compliance with software process gets you faster to results;
- finally figuring out why architecting software is a must before jumping on heedlessly writing code.