Ready to join the future of innovation in Crypto & Security at NXP? Become part of a highly talented team and dynamic team that develops and tests state-of-the art secure cryptographic libraries protected against physical and logical attacks which have applications across all different NXP domains and business lines (payment, identification, mobile, IoT, Automotive, Edge Processing, etc.).
As a Test Developer Intern in the Secure Software IP team you will implement automatic tests for the security software developed at NXP and be involved in activities which require ensuring cross-platform support for our testing code and detailed analysis of test regressions.
You will learn about embedded software testing, how to develop automated tests on an embedded target (in C) and on a host PC (in Python/Java), how to target testing specific crypto library functionalities, how to improve and maintain a testing framework.
- Aligning with other embedded software engineers on the test implementation requirements
- Learning about test development
- Learning about cryptography and cryptographic algorithms
- Understanding how to develop code on an embedded device
- Interacting and using source management tools (such as git)
- Interacting and using our Continuous Integration environment
The Secure Software IP team is a cross-located team with members distributed across multiple NXP sites. Both technical competency and attitude are important in our team, and you are expected to collaborate with local and global team members, to demonstrate independence in solving problems and agility in switching
projects as per customer priorities, to be motivated by delivering results, to be assertive in supporting your technical design opinions, and to be open on the challenges towards achieving the expected results.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Development practice in C for embedded systems
- Practical experience with scripting development (Python or similar)
- Knowledge of testing practices
- Debugging skills for embedded targets and low-level software
- Good problem solving skills
Furthermore, you are:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Proactive and capable of independent work
- Flexible and capable of switching tasks quickly