The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now. Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several opportunities for Automation Testing Engineer positions have arisen in our Internship program.
CANDIDATES THAT WOULD IMPRESS US
- You have a passion for technology; you enjoy constantly developing your skills
- You are resourceful, innovative and solution oriented
- You are able to adapt and react to change
- You want your work to have a purpose
- You want to be recognised as a good team player while enjoying working in autonomy and being empowered
- Finally, you like challenges and are willing to grow a global engineering competence centre in Romania - you are the person we are looking for!
- You have the basic knowledge and enjoy designing and testing software solutions and/or components
- You can demonstrate basic knowledge in Java / C++ and scripting (Python, Linux Bash or other any scripting language!)
- You have the ability to communicate efficiently in English, spoken and written
LIFE AS A THALES SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As an Automation Testing Engineer within Thales in Romania, you can work in the fields of ground transportation, space, aerospace, security or defence applications.
- You work within in a scrum team with other software developers and testing engineers, in agile mode
- You contribute to the requirement definition, to the software testing and you will be involved with the architectural aspects of the software projects
- You enjoy playing video games or tennis table with your colleagues during a break
- You test and integrate
- You will make estimations and give inputs for the planning together with the team members
- Your peers are recognised experts in the field - They will help you get up to speed and will gladly devote time to support your development
YOUR FUTURE CAREER AT THALES
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
- Room for and attention to personal development
- The opportunity to grow within the organisation, for instance on a technical, managerial or international level, within the various markets Thales is working in
YOUR IMMEDIATE BENEFITS
- Paid internship
- A good work-life balance which includes flexible working hours
- Benefit package
- Work with or be integrated in our Agile teams
YOUR WORKING LOCATION IN ROMANIA
Hosted in the new state-of-the-art Orhideea Towers, our Bucharest site is a modern facility with views of the city, we are across the street from Grozavesti subway station and tram stop. You have everything you need to make your working day as enjoyable as possible: plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building, a small supermarket, a restaurant canteen and a trendy coffee bar, we have lunch/coffee break areas and more importantly recreation rooms (PS4, table soccer, rest pod).
INFORMATION ON RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Prior to receiving an offer:
- Apply for the position
- Phone discussion with our Talent Acquisition Partners (to confirm interest, clarify technology orientation, etc.)
- Take an online technical assessment (invitation sent via email)
- Participate in an evaluation center organized at Thales premises Receiving an offer:
- When receiving an offer, you will be in touch with your Talent Acquisition partner to discuss your contract
Accepting an offer:
- Congrats! You will now get on-board into the Thales world in the internship program.