What we are looking for?
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented colleague who wants to learn more about cloud-based solutions and how to use them in image optimization.
We're a friendly group of 20+ designers, developers, testers, and marketers having a great time building themes at ThemeIsle, sharing the best content at CodeinWP, and straight-up innovating with Optimole.
Make it easy for anyone in the world to launch & grow their online presence, through education, high-quality products, and reliable support.
On what you’ll be working on?
Optimole is a cloud based service that processes and delivers images for any kind of website. In a world where websites can be accessed from various devices(computers, tablets, phones) the loading time of each page is very important and highly influenced by the number of images and their dimensions. Optimole helps those websites by delivering the exact image size requested by the device of each website visitor in real time.
What kind of people are we looking for?
- have a good understanding of VCS(GitHub)
- have basic knowledge of node.js
- curious about Docker and AWS, as we’ll use both of them
- an organized person, with focus on details
- an autonomous and resourceful person
- a communicative person, with a team spirit
- someone that sees feedback as an opportunity to improve their work
- has knowledge of English (written and spoken). Communication within the team is in English.
Being a junior position, we do not expect you to have vast experience, but a desire to learn and develop.
- Remote work – work from home or wherever you work best.
- Be part of a diverse team - we're 20+ people spread across three continents. You'll have the opportunity to meet new people and learn more about their culture and traditions.
- Flexible schedule, results are more important than the time you start working.
- The opportunity to learn something new every day.
What's the process like?
Shortly after applying if you seem to be the right person, we would reach out to you for a 60’ meeting where we would like to learn more about you, and answer any questions you might have. If that goes well, you’re hired. We hate wasting other people's time, so we did our best to keep this as short & simple as possible.