We are VertigoStudio, a 100% Romanian company, and our WordPress products are used by over 1 million users worldwide. We are proud of our popular WordPress themes and plugins, but we aren’t limited to that. Our projects range from publishing to domain generation and image optimization services.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a creative marketing intern to join our team remotely during the summer to help experiment on new projects and collaborate on existing ones. This is a hands-on internship that gives you the opportunity to come up with your own ideas, take initiative, interact with an international team, learn about WordPress and growth marketing.
The selected candidate will be responsible for a project of their choosing. Choose a focus from Social Media, Content Marketing, or Copywriting.
Our social media pages have a combined of 80,000 followers.
- Engage with our users on our social media channels and groups.
- Draft and edit social media posts for Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram.
- Monitor social media web analytics and adjust your strategy.
Our blogs are read by over 500,000 people every month.
- Perform keyword research and pitch ideas based on your insights.
- Write articles of more than 1,300 words and supply appropriate imagery.
- Update existing articles.
A range of copywriting opportunities.
- Write the content for WordPress or social media themed newsletters.
- Write product descriptions.
- Conversate with our readers on the blog and moderate the comments.
- Create banners and infographics.
- Test our products and write technical documentation.
- Submit posts/tools on sites like Product Hunt, Dev.to, and ManageWP.
- Monitor campaign stats.
This internship will give you an opportunity to acquire new skills and provide you with genuine knowledge of online marketing strategies. You will gain first-hand experience in a fail-safe environment and you will be prepared to develop future campaigns, IRL OMG!.
What we want from you:
We like these buzzwords: initiative, autonomous, proactive, eager, can-do attitude.
Depending on your focus you will need some familiarity with marketing software and social media platforms; we don’t expect you to be an expert but you should have heard of:
- Email marketing software;
- Google Analytics, of course;
- WordPress, obviously.
Excellent levels of English both spoken and written.
If you’d like to work on social and blogs, then creative writing skills would be useful.
A good understanding of marketing trends and theory coupled with the passion of Seth Godin and Neil Patel’s lovechild.
Interest in tech trends and the internet broadly.
If you write a blog then we’d love to see it; it’s not essential but it would be nice to see. You want more traffic, right?
What do we offer:
Contract and salary package for the Marketing Intern position.
A diverse and friendly work environment with 26 people scattered on 3 continents.
Flexible schedule with no hours over the program. Just get the job done.
Part-time or full-time. Up to you.
Freedom to work from wherever you want. Zoom and Slack to the rescue!