VIAVI Engineers work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software and hardware solutions that help our customers design, deploy and optimize all types of networks which enable their customers cell phone data and voice services for 5G, 4G and all types of wireless networks, enable cable systems and services, enable high speed data centers to operate, enable aircraft to fly safely, and enable your local government, police, fire departments, and military to operate radio communication. In addition, VIAVI Engineers build modern software systems to assure that all forms of information communication provide high level service to customers.
We look for people who are enthusiastic about innovation and cutting-edge technologies to provide products to customers. If you are passionate about product quality and thrive on collaborating and communicating with Agile teams and leadership regarding designs, project progress and issue resolution, then VIAVI is a good place for you! You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to continuously learn relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
At VIAVI you are part of a team that is the link between abstract concepts and delivered solutions - the one who solves problems and creates solutions that will impact millions of people all over the world.
To be considered for this position, you should possess the following:
- You are studying Computer Science or a similar technical domain;
- Basic Knowledge of CI/CD – Jenkins, Git, scripting (Bash/Python, Ruby)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL/TLS and DNS
- Familiar with Linux and Bash/Shell Scripting
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge in Agile software development processes
- Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite: JIRA (epic, story, bug, task tracking), Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Fisheye/Crucible
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.